Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Prepping for Kid Birthday Parties

I am trying to start my 2012 Resolution early: Become more creative with my kids


I used to be much better about this but after baby #2 I got on the 'oh so tired band wagon', but now I'm jumping off!

My almost 5 year old is having a My Little Pony birthday party in the next few weeks and my goal is to get super creative but also make it super inexpensive. As I venture into this I am going to post some of my ideas and what it cost me to make vs buy. I can't wait, I am really excited!

Birthday Party Invitations: I normally have to buy at least 3 packs of party invitations (normally from Target or Walmart) and each pack costs around $3.99- so that is $11.97 + tax.

I decided this year I was going to save almost ALL of that money and make the party invitations.


I will be the first to say that they are not perfect by any means BUT my Gia loves them, they are simple to make, I had ALL the supplies already in my home so I did not have to go to the store and buy anything. 

It is hard for me to give you a price point for each invite but as I said earlier, the blue paper was donated, the computer paper was possibly a few cents each and the ink-- who knows how much that is, but it could not have been much. 

Totally worth it! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment