Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The BEST Way to Store Your Coupons

After having my 'Coupons 101' class, I had to retire the old coupon box that my mother had given me and replace it with a 'Coupon Binder'. This - by far- is the best and most organized way to store your coupons. Here is what you need to do to make it work:

Purchase or look around your house for a Five Star Binder. Then purchase Baseball Card Holders-- you can get these at Target where the baseball cards are sold (normally near the front of the store). I purchased 2-3 packs but depending on the number of coupons you have will depend on the number of holders you will need. Make sure they are Baseball Card Holders with 9 holders per page. You will then need to get page dividers.

Once you have your supplies you will need to decide how you want to categorize your dividers. This is 100% up to you, everyone does it differently because everyone's life habits and needs are different. A few of my dividers are Baby, Beverages, Laundry, Toiletries, Dairy, Meat/Meals, Snacks, Store Coupons (such as Target/ CVS/ HEB/ etc..). Some people like to be specific with how they label the dividers, others like to make it simple. I like to make it simple with less dividers but that is just me.

Once you have your dividers created, you can then begin putting your book together. Simply place a few sheets between each divider. There may be some dividers that have more sheets more then the other depending on how many types of coupons you have.

Below is a picture of my divider:


When you file your coupons, make sure that you pay attention to the expiration dates. Sometimes you will get multiple coupons with different expiration dates. Make sure the coupon that expires the soonest is in the front of the line. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad that you decided to share-- I love my coupon binder-- can't wait to see your deals

    ReplyDelete