Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Coupons! What Are Those?

When I was growing up I would always help my mom clip coupons, file coupons and remove the expired coupons from her little coupon holder. At the time, I knew what coupons were but I did not know 'WHAT COUPONS WERE'!

As I grew up and moved out of my mom's house I began to continue the clipping of the coupons. My mom had given me a little coupon box that contained index cards that included the category in which the coupon was to be filed in. I would use the coupon box on and off throughout my life. Often times I would abuse my little coupon box and not give it the attention that it deserved, until the day I discovered 'WHAT COUPONS WERE'!

I must give a huge and loud 'shout out' to one of my past daycare moms, my money saving hero and friend, Shannon (aka Clara's mom). She would post 'deals' that she got on FB and then write about her obsession with coupons and I have to admit I giggled a little. Really, who needs all that air freshener? Little did I know..... I did! Maybe I did not need it now, or this week but throughout my life I could sure use it.

One day Shannon sat me down and gave me a class called 'Coupons 101'. I was amazed at all the information that she shared with me. I was amazed at what I had been missing my entire life. I was amazed that I had laughed at her! This was better than any high school/ college course (not that I went to college- no shame in that) could offer! From that moment.... my life changed forever!

The lesson that I had learned that day was that 'coupons' are MONEY and if used properly could save you more than the face value of that coupon.

With 'Coupons 101' under my belt, I vowed never to abuse my little coupon box (which is now a coupon binder- will explain later) again! I also vowed to do my best to help anyone and everyone - even those that really don't care -- how to make your dollar stretch and walk away with doing a Happy Dance after getting an awesome deal!

In this blog, I will explain- in detail- how it can be done. I am sure there are other and better ways, but these are ways I do it. If you know of other ways, please share ;-) I am going to provide A LOT of helpful information so please do not feel overwhelmed with all of the information and take it slow and please stick with it and don't give up.  If you don't understand, email me fauciaimee@att.net, or comment on this post or FB me if you are already my FB friend.

Check my blog often for updates, lessons and special deals that I find!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea that you remember your mom clipping coupons. I hope Natalie will remember when she is an adult. Now I need to get me some baseball card holders. I still use my pendaflex type coupon holder that I bought from The Container Store. I absolutely love it because it expands far out unlike most coupon holders but I cannot see them unless I pull the coupon out. I'll be headed to Target soon. Thanks for letting me know where to find them in Target. Happy to see another fellow mommy loving coupons and what they can do for you. I totally owe props to my girlfriend Becky who got me started on coupon clipping. The power of women and what we learn from each other is amazing!

    ReplyDelete