Thursday, October 20, 2011

Keep Your Receipt!

Have you ever purchased an item- be it a large appliance, toys for your child, a present for a friend, or clothing and then looked at the ads for where you purchased your item and discovered that what you purchased is now on sale? That can be a little frustrating, but I have wonderful news.

Did you know that if you present your receipt to the store that you purchased your 'now on sale' item to, they (most often) will give you the difference of what you paid? I've done this with Target, Kohls and Best Buy- probably other stores also but I can't remember off the top of my head. I'm not sure what the time limit is, I would assume up to 2-4 weeks after purchase, but each store has their own policy- just ask.

Before I head to c/s I try to mark the items that are now on sale so that it will be easier for the cashier to type in the product number to confirm. In addition, (at Target) I've had the c/s cashiers offer to type in each product # to see if anything else had gone on sale that I did not know about! LOVE IT!

So if you notice that an item went on sale-- even if you'll only get back $3-- visit the Customer Service Department ;-)

2 comments:

  1. wow this is a good one-- I didn't know this!!!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just did more research on this and most companies are saying they will honor up to 14 days.

    ReplyDelete