Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Store Brand vs. Name Brand

I will be the first to admit that the 'packaging' of ANY product can win me over. Throughout my life, more so now, I've tried really hard to not pay attention to the pretty packaging with bright colors, but the quality and price of each product. 

My thought is that when you are looking at purchasing a product, you should always look at the 'store brand' of that same product. If you have a coupon for the name brand product but the store brand product ends up being cheaper, my thought is you should buy the store brand product. I know that sounds like common sense but you'd be surprised at how many people are scared of store brand products. 

Now there may be store brand products that do not stand up to the name brand product, but until you know, I challenge you to try. I remember when I was pregnant I bought Kroger Tums; not the same as the real Tums-- quite a big difference. 

Last night I made broccoli & chicken w noodles. Everything was store brand and it turned out delicious!  

2 comments:

  1. I still struggle with this--but I'm trying-- I can't get myself to buy store brand on a lot of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try it! This is what I LOVE about HEB! They will have specials such as: if you buy name brand Doritos, they will give you the HEB brand for FREE! They are so smart, because I'm starting to buy more and more HEB everyday products each time I visit.

    ReplyDelete